Tuesday, January 20, 2009

mrs. brewington confidential : gown | to sample or not? pt.2


My story picks up... That night I shared with my mom my hopes to have that authentic experience. In the way that only mothers can she quickly stated she didn't need a grand experience but rather preferred a final decision. She enjoyed our day but was ready to cross this off the list! This is how we got to Hannelores. I booked an early Sunday appointment provided my bridal vital statistics (name, wedding date/time, and budget) and set out to find my dress.

Hannelore's of Old Town Alexandria is a lovely bridal boutique; a mini Kleinfeld Manhattan bridal boutique for the DC area. The bridal dress consultant reviewed my information and selected several gowns for me to try. She didn't try to push me into something I couldn't afford. Best of all she had tons of experience and a listening ear. She suggested I may want to look at the sample gown selection. Sample gowns are gowns that were tried on in the salon and are now for sale. They are probably not the latest style from the runway but offer a cost effective way to purchase that runway look from famous designers. That's where I found my gown. It was absolutely gorgeous, lightly worn, and more than 50% off the original cost. Enter Rule #3- Leave no stone unturned. For the budget conscious bride definitely take time to try sample gown sales in your area. Do your research first. Know the cost of the gown to ensure you're getting a good deal and the general cost of alterations. This way you’ll be able to estimate the total cost of your investment.

I am happy to say, I absolutely LOVED my gown. While sample gowns may not be for you, this option truly worked for me. It gave me the glamour I was looking for while meeting my budget expectations.

Mrs. Brewington


photo courtesy of labor of love photography

No comments:

Post a Comment